Monday, May 9, 2011

Rescuing The Fur- Friends!










Greetings Fellow Fur Friends!

I have some concerns to address with my fellow doggie lovers. I’m on a mission to help fur-kind. I take special interest in this topic because I am a rescue dachshund, twice and now I know what it is like to be loved the way I should have been all along.

I know there are others out there that need rescued, loved, adopted and pampered crazy until they are barkless and suddenly transform into humans like me, ahem, well…..I’m a huma-dox if that tells you anything.

Having said that,  I am speaking today on a number of topics that I am very passionate about. Those that have been following my blog know already what I am referring to. Those that don’t, well this is your chance to see what rescue is all about in the animal world.

A few causes near and dear to my heart are listed below:



Furever Dachshund Rescue - This is a wienerful organization dedicated to rescuing dachshunds, meeting their needs, fixing their hurts and rehabilitating them to live the fullest life possible! (Oh and pssst, my mama volunteers with them - I so proud of her)!



Some of you may have also heard about the sweet little dachshund, Trooper, who was hit by a car and had to have extensive surgery. I'm honored to say that he is recovering beautifully thanks in part to Furever Dachsund Rescue and the many of you that donated the funds to pay his $5,000 surgery bill!

Due to his injuries and rehabilitation that is necessary he will require additional funds for physical therapy, and here is where you can make a difference again for this sweet little dachshund. We are holding a pawparty aka 'TrooperBash' for our beloved on May 14-15.

Please join us You are invited for Trooper Bash Paw Party!



Isn't he such a handsome little guy?! And that's just one of our sweet little rescues that we take in on a regular basis. Please help us out and help these little sweeties get the best homes and care that they deserve!

Like us on Facebook “Furever Dachshund Rescue”
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/4EverDoxiRescue


Helping Dachshunds:

I have a few independent organizations that I would like to include that desperately need our assistance. I have mentioned them before but I feel they remain very important and vital to the cause!

Sir Oscar Meyer's Skin/Allergy Treatment Fundraiser - Wiener Tales Rescue - needs at least $200-300 more to take Oscar to a neuropathic vet to recover from his awful skin/hair loss when they rescued him. The fundraiser did not meet the mark that was necessary although they are extremely grateful for what amount was donated in Oscar's name.

I've spoken with Sheri and she has welcomed anyone to continue donating by emailing help@wienerfestnw.com via paypal and specifying in the donation notes section that it is for the "Oscar Fund."

A sweet little doxie needs our help. I'll provide a link below that explains what happened to our little friend, Paris.She has a sweet foster Mom that has been nursing her back to health from DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Paris Update & Chip In Donation

My next cause of concern has been the toll taken on not only humankind but fur-kind since the devastation of tornadoes that swept through several states not so long ago. I have felt compelled to help my Mama get the message out for all the animals that are missing and desperately need to be reunited with family, extended family or close friends, whatever the case may be.

Mama talked to one family member of Dexter, the Australian Shepherd and we have an older post about that interview. I am thrilled to say that Dexter was reunited yesterday with his family!!!!!!  'Snoopy Dance'

I want more animals to be reunited and to do my part to spread the word because we all know that the internet is a powerful tool and resource for the community and the world.

If you see animals that need help please do your part and have a heart. Either take them in or contact a local rescue that can assist in your area!

Please Read First!

Animals Lost & Found In Alabama Tornadoes

http://www.facebook.com/ALTornadoAnimals

twitter - @ALtornadopets, email: tornadopetsofal@yahoo.com, or call the Jefferson/Tuscaloosa hotline - 205-397-8534

Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter - 205-752-9101

Supply Destinations For Shelters Housing Animals

Alabama Vet Info

Alabama Animals Found

List of Animals Missing

Contact Info

Birmingham Humane Society  - 205-942-1211

Pell City Animal Shelter on Facebook - please check for your pet on this listing

BJC Animal Control on Facebook  - please check this listing for photos of animals

Tuscaloosa/Northpoint - if you are in need of supplies but can't get to distribution points, call 205-554-0011 or 770-827-2337.

Thank you for reading my blog. There are so many other animals still needing to reunite. It's hard to list them all on my blog so my mama has been tweeting some of them along with @ALtornadopets.

Catch me on twitter: @abbeyrescuedox
My Mama: @rhapsodygirl


I'm sure there are other shelters and rescue information that I don't have access to but I'm sure if you contact just one of the contact numbers I've listed they can provide more in depth information for your search.

Love my faithful, loving doggies and animal lovers,

Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment